Thursday 12 April 2007

RAK's



I'm really amused by some of the continuity of our posts Flo!

I got back yesterday from London town to land of Wales. On returning I had not one, not two, but three packages from my lovely friends! Post rocks! and friends rock!

Aparently it was my half birthday yesterday. Yes. My friend Jess celebrates two birthdays a year. Nice for her or what? But it was nice for me too! This is just a little bit of what she sent me for my half-birthday, a rockin' tote and this amazing book.

Random Acts of Kindness. You may have heard this term bandied around amongst crafting circles alot. But I really believe this should be a fundamental to living! Random Acts of Kindness. The world would be such a beautiful palce to be. Here are a few from the book:

*Plant a flower in someone's garden under cover of darkness.
*Say something nice about someone behind their back.
*Smile at everyone you see.
*Feed the ducks.
*Forgive someone.

The examples range from the ridiculous to the profound. But there is beauty in all of them. Beauty in kindness. And definitely beauty in Random Acts of Kindness. Create your own. Invent a non-existant special date and shower someone with post. Pay for someone on the bus. Let somebody in front of you in a queue. Be kind.

In the spirit of RAK's leave a comment/email, and get something pretty in the post. It's as simple as that :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

How funny!!! There a connection thingy in the air I tell you!!!! LOL

It's good idea about the birthday thing. I am so gonna make my birthday last for 2 months this year!!! LOL ;)

Love you xxxxx

Anushka said...

I have a classmate who celebrates halfbirthdays. She gives people rubbers.

Jon Sontag said...

random acts are great! i haven't read that book, but it seem like it would be a good read. a friend of mine use to talk about doing stuff like that. i'd like to try it out. what are your thoughts on intentional acts of kindness? or am i just talking about the same thing in a different way?

Anonymous said...

All the cool people celebrate half birthdays, Rhi.
FACT.
Love you. xx