Friday 13 April 2007

Childlike


Happy Friday :)

The "you are lovely" card was made by Rhi. Very arty, hey? I love it.

I've been keeping my little sister for my parents while they are away in Colombia for 10 days. It's been great to be able to see what she is like and how she reacts to things. She trusts me when I promise her something and believes in lots of other things like these. Then I thought, "wow that will change for sure when she grows up at some point"... well, won't it?
Her way of thinking is naive and so pure. childlike. I remember that I was like that when I was young. These past few days with my sister have made me realize how much I have changed. Some areas of my heart have become harder and some softer. So strange how you can change when life throws things at you. I kind of wished today that I hadn't grown up.
Now, couldn't we have a childlike heart again? I don't mean being childish. I don't mean staying a child forever, but I believe that we could have as adults a childlike heart. I find that so beautiful. I sometimes feel like that side of me has been put in jail!!! But I am trying to find a way to free the fun girlie girl that 's trapped inside of me.
I've seen lots of little girls that had to grow up fast... too fast. Like that 11 years old little girl who is pregnant today because her step father rapped her! She is so tiny and has no breasts or no woman shapes yet. And yet. Her face is like the face of a 30 years old woman who has already through a lot in her life. How could she be "childlike" again? Would it ever be possible?

Gosh, what a deep subject. I'd have so much more to say... but I'm not going to unless you wanna spend the rest of your night reading my entry!!! lol
I guess, I just wanna challenge us all to try to find that childlikeness that's somewhere deep inside of us. And because of what we have seen, experienced and heard we have become somehow "grown ups"... but maybe too much in some areas. Now, I might be completely wrong about this. I just am on a self discovery journey and wanted to share these things with you.

Hope you all had a lovely day. x

2 comments:

Rhi said...

its true. but also difficult isn't it. to balance maturity, with the beauty of child-likeness. hmm. xxx

Anonymous said...

Yes, that's the challenge isn't it? Being adult and yet still being able to have the heart of a child without being like kid... know what I mean? Oh man, this is so complicated!! LOL