Wednesday 28 March 2007

*Wednesday Love*


*TAKING THINGS FOR GRANTED?*

Have you ever thought about what it'd be like with NO electricity or NO water? The people here know what it' s like to live without those things. Some of them drink the water from the river and even wash themselves in it! They don't know what it's like to have a "nice" kitchen or even have a "nice" house. There are so many electricity cuts here. It's so frustrating at time. I realized that I never thought about not having electricity before I came to this little jungle town. It was as if I was so used to having it that I never thought about it. But today. Well, today, I am thankful. Thankful for water. Thankful for the things that I used to take for granted in the civilized world. I have been thankful for shopping malls. They don't have that over here. They don't have any clothes shops. Nope. None of that. So, I am learning to be thankful and not take things for granted. I am thankful for the food that I have everyday. Thankful for having a little clean wood house to live in. Thankful for light. For electricity when we have it. I guess we always realize what we do have when those things are taken away from us.

I've been thinking about that for a while now, and I thought that I'd share that with you. Sending you a warm hello for the South Amercia jungle ;)
*Happy Wednesday Love* :) x

1 comment:

Rhi said...

it's so true. just as i was thinking about how gutted i am that cali is off, i just sat back and thought, gosh. there are 15 people who were working for our country that have been captured. a woman has died in china for no reason. i seriously have nothing to be concerned about. i love this love.