Monday 12 February 2007

lovely + heads = lovelyheads






I should mention a couple of things before I make the real point of this post. Firstly My crazyheaded friend Flora, is off somewhere in the South American jungle at the minute with her hubbie, doing some work over there. Making friends with people, showing people love, general loveliness. We thought she was going to be able to connect to the internet, but obviously she must be having some problems over there. She will be back to the land of the civilised French Guiana sometime in the next couple of weeks though.

Second. I will be drawing the names of all your commentage on Wednesday, so you can check back then to see if you've won some goodies.

I've been asked a few times by people now what exactly a lovelyhead is. A lovelyhead is just that, a head that is lovely. That is to say, it is not a prettyface, or a fabbybody, it is a lovely head. A person who is beautiful to look at and be around, because they seem to possess some inate sense of loveliness. In their actions, thoughts, and words they are just completely lovely. The kind of person you want to be friends with, the kind of person you can learn from, and the kind of person you want to be.

I want to be a lovelyhead. I want to be able, in any situation, to deal with it with gentleness, love, strength and grace. These are just some of the things I believe make someone lovely. And these are most of the things I certainly don't have. Through the gift of friendship though, I am pretty sure we can all learn from one another, and encourage one another to be lovely. In all things. Not that we won't have excruciating hard times, sorrow and defeat. But that in it, we can somehow grow and be lovely from it. Or that we will be able to be lovely for someone else, in their times of pain.

This is the basic premise of a lovelyhead. It's something we are both still discovering and working out as we go along.

1 comment:

Anushka said...

What a brave girl Flora is.

I like reading this blog. It's very good for pessimists like myself.

x
x
x

PS - I'd like to invent a game where you make words from the Word Verification. A tbrejpmb, for example, would be an adjective for a strange colonial white man with a thin handlebar moustache who wears crimson wellies.