Sunday 25 February 2007

Eventually...

I passed a house sometime last week with this name. I thought it was so beautiful I just stood stock still and stared. I was tempted to wip the camera out and snap away, but decided against that, thinking they might think i'm some kind of crazy mofo, and would not be happy with pictures of their house plastered all over the internet.

But it still remains, that the name of this house has stuck with me. *Eventually* there is so much hope in that name. So much optimism. So much strength. That word really speaks to me. It invites me to believe in "One Day". It reminded me that things will be okay, eventually. I will see people again, eventually.

It's made me wonder what word I would want to sum up my house. What word do I want to live my life by. What word would adequately challenge and inspire those looking in on my life. They are hard things to contemplate...if I stripped it down to the bare essentials of life, the only word that keeps coming back to me is Love. I want my house and my home to be about Love. I want my relationships and encounters to be about Love. I want my actions and my life to be about Love.

Now the question is...how can I do that? That's not so easy to answer.

No comments: