Monday 15 September 2008

Beauty in true friendships


Dear Rhi,
There are so many things that I have been thinking about. Lots of things that have been coming back up to the surface within me. Things that were crushed deep down. Things that I wanted to forget. Never go back to.
I never had great experiences in my life when it came to friendships. School was a disaster. Being a 'pastor's daughter' sure didn't help. And to everyone, it was a shame to be around me. I had to learn to protect myself from being hurt over and over. It was a hard time. But I came out of it... stronger. Well, I thought so until today.
I have to work on it. No matter how painful it is to face. Because the past always seems to catch up at some point. The hurts. The bad memories. The bad experiences.
In the midst of all that, I am glad I met you. Because you taught me that real friendship exists. That forgiveness and grace are to be given to others. You truly do enrich my life. And no matter how far we are from each other, I sure feel like I have found in you a real friend. a soul sister.
So. Thank you.
For being you. And for having me as a friend.
Love xxxx

No comments: